Kitchen


I wish you could have seen us the day we were taking the after pictures, Rachel was here and they were packing up to leave, the house was a big fat mess, stuff everywhere, little girls running around having fun.  I only had a short time with Rachel's snazzy camera and wanted to get some shots of the house so while Rachel and Casey ran to the store Natalie and I ran through the house moving all the junk just out of the frame-and there was a lot of junk: dirty dishes, toys, suitcases, clothes, bedding, more toys, more dishes etc.  So Fun!  This is a before shot of the kitchen.  I am reluctant to put up the afters cause there's not much difference.  The kitchen is one room where we did not do much-yet-the ultimate is new cupboards, counter tops and flooring, the interim is painted cabinets and some kind of floor fix-up, like just rip up the scorched (how did that happen?) vinyl flooring and paint whatever is underneath.  Right now it is just cleaned up (most days) and new appliances-Here goes
Blah


This is the door that goes into the laundry room/bath/door to outside and garage.  We did get new doors for the interior of the house and that made a big difference.  I painted this Palladian blue by Benjamin Moore, I love it and now I need to paint the trim around it white
Yuck
I took the doors off of a few of the cabinets so I could see my pretty Fiesta ware.  Eventually I will paint the outside of the cabinets white and the inside Palladian blue.  We updated the faucet with Oil-rubbed Bronze.  I love the white sink.  Why didn't we move that watermelon in our clean-up frenzy?
More Yuck
Hmmm, not much to say about this-other than the new stove, I really like it.  I would like to get butcher block countertops and beadboard, or tile backsplash.

This is an amazing refrigerator!
Love the dishwasher too-all appliances are Kitchen Aid.  See the pretty Fiesta?  It makes me happy everyday.
Open shelves for extras.  I always seem to have more bowls and jars than there is room for.  Eventually we will take this wall down between the kitchen and dining room and put in a bar/countertop area.  I can't wait to get the cupboards painted, now that Natalie has left that might be a good project to keep me busy!

Comments

Popular Posts