Bathroom Redo

Okay I know I haven't posted in a long time--really long time, but here I am finally showing some of what we've been doing the past months. We bought a house in November and moved in the end of January.  The bathroom is one of the rooms that was re-done, almost completely.  Here are some before and after (the after is not a true after since there is still some work to be done, but I just had to show something!) 



The walls were all re-textured, and the floors, shower/tub, and vanity were removed.  The paint color is Light Silver Sage from Restoration Hardware.  We picked up a granite remnant-Butterfly Blue-for the counter-top.

 The mirror is temporary, still looking for the right medicine cabinet or mirror.  All the finishes are Oil-rubbed Bronze.
 I absolutely LOVE this toilet, I know it is strange to profess love for a toilet, but it is wonderful-look at the smooth, straight, flat sides-a breeze to clean!

We found this vanity at the local Habitat for Humanity resale store for $60, I still need to paint/stain it.  Any ideas on that would be appreciated.  I was thinking of staining it a dark color, but I'm not sure how to go about doing that over the light finish it has now.
 Love the Subway tile in the shower, with darker grout-
 The shower is awesome, it feels like a warm rain, I just stand there and sigh with content!
 The floor-it wasn't my first choice, I wanted hexagon tile, but the Contractor messed that up (long story) so I settled for this octagon and squares and I really like it-with darker grout.

 Don't look too close at the window, that's one of those "not done" items.  We still need to paint the trim and do something with that blind/window treatment-any ideas?
Overall I love the bathroom and it feels great to have it new and clean.

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness!!! It is beautiful. You have done a wonderful job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the tile on the floor and the paint Color - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I was thinking about your bathroom and I thought you could stain the vanity a blackish color. I think that would look really cool with your black fixtures. You could almost dry brush it so that the wood grain still shown through and it has a weathered look. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts