Franciscan Ware

I need more dishes like I need another hole in my head...so the saying goes...but I just couldn't resist these (and I really tried) when I saw them in our local "regifting store". I think I went back 3 times and they were still there so I knew that it was a sign-they were meant to be mine!
I have a love, no to be truthful, it's an obsession with all things dish-like. Dishes, bowls, plates, crockery, bowls, platters, bowls...We have enough to feed an army! So when I saw these they just spoke to me~"Rebecca, we should belong to you ". I love the colors, Aqua and cream, and the ripples.
These are Franciscan Ware from 1936 the Coronado pattern. Franciscan Ware was made in California beginning in 1934 and there are many colors and patterns.

These have seen better days, and are kind of beat-up with chips here and there, but I love them all the more for it, it means they have been well used and loved.

Comments

  1. I love this about you! I am this way about birds. I now have 57 birds. When we go in a "bird-potential" store, my girls say, "Mom, you do not need any more birds!" But sometimes the birds beg to go home with me. What can I say?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love these! I don't blame you...they were meant to be yours. For our wedding 12 years ago, you bought us four matching Fiesta Ware bowls. I still have them and they are still my favorites!! Your love for dishes benefits others. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts