Hard Bodies

My life is boring, so I haven't had much to blog about, but I am so tired of looking at the squirrel blog that I must say something!
We have begun a new life of exercise--we joined the local LA Fitness about 2 weeks ago and boy are we sore! Everyday is a new discovery of what muscle we have abused to the point of pain. I have to admit tho that, unlike Calvin and Natie, I haven't been too sore. So I'm either not working hard enough or I'm just special!
We have been using the pool, hot tub, and sauna a lot---love it!!! I love being in the water, it is so relaxing after a hard workout.
I have started to see small results, a few lbs. lost and more energy to get through the day.
Some days it is hard to get excited about going, because I am basically lazy, so it is great to have Calvin and Natie to encourage me to get out of the big green chair and get going! It will take a while for me to feel comfortable wandering around the gym feeling like I fit in with the crowd--you know the ones--hard bodies that are super serious about the whole thing!
It just feels good to be moving more. It's easy for me to slide backwards without noticing that my fitness level has gone down (especially at my age!) so this is a great way to combat that downward slide!! And the big 50 is getting closer by the day!

Comments

  1. Way to go! We joined the YMCA here and love it! I've gotten back into my "at least 5 times a week" exercise routine...sure feels good. It's hard to make yourself start each day, but it feels so good once the body gets moving!

    -Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOu go girl!
    Jenna and I have been playing racketball everyday at the gym we just joined. I just want to say... I feel my age after every game.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts