House Hunt

 A few weeks ago we had a visit from my cousin and her son, while they were here we were digging through old pictures and documents, elbow deep in family history.  I ran across these old letters addressed to my Mom in the 40's, I had forgotten that they lived here in Vancouver for awhile after the war and I was so excited to go on an adventure to see where they had lived.  We only found one of the three houses because two of the addresses have changed over the years.
This little place is not too far from where we live.  It is in a neighborhood of homes that were built during the war for ship yard workers.  I wish my Mom were still here to tell me about their time here.  I'm sure she would love the plastic palm tree in the yard :)
A couple of the addresses were in McLoughlin Heights, an area that was built during the war, I found a web site about that time period, it's great to know a little about why these areas were built.  It can be found here: McLoughlin Heights

Comments

  1. The palm tree is a good decoration for the yard, I mush say. You should keep an eye on it, Rebecca. I know that such things make our lives so positive.
    Thanks for posting!
    Lucia Melton

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts