Days of sunshine and rain

The days seem to be flying by, and I have to keep reminding myself that it is summer, well technically not till later this week, but this is the season.  I need to be doing the summer things.  We spend most evening and weekends in the yard and we love it.  I've been a tad bit obsessed with following total strangers on instagram-English ladies with lovely rock-walled gardens and bunnies and hedgehogs roaming about.  I have a vision in my mind of creating that here-the corner cottage (I'm calling it a cottage now, not a house) in Vancouver USA.  I'll just keep dreaming and planting.
 The beginnings of the baby quilt for grandbaby #7 who will be here next week.  I used 3 charm packs of "Hometown" by Sweetwater (Moda).  It is at the quilter now .  I've been obsessed with triangles lately, but now that I've done a few quilts that way I may lay off them for awhile, they aren't as easy as squares to line-up.  Grandbaby #8 will be here next month, his quilt is also triangles, I should finish it this week.
 Calvin's veggie garden: carrots, beets, peas, beans, zucchini, peppers...
 A new spot he dug up this year, tomatoes and corn.
 This has been done for quite a while, I needed a little island in the kitchen so we used an Ikea cart, took off the back and repainted it yellow-use to be red (needs some touch-ups now).  It works great for holding more stuff and another prep area. 
 Maybe put it on wheels?

 She saw that I had the camera out...just posin'
 The Morning Glory is moving inches each day.
 The finished Trip Around the World top, now to get it quilted.

Comments

Popular Posts