Possibilities

This is one little spot in our yard that makes me happy.  I look out the dinning room window to the bird feeders and see the color, things growing, and possibility-for things to come.  The plants will grow and fill in, the weeds will dissapear, memories will be made as we invite friends and family over for food and good times.
Sometimes it all seems overwhelming, getting this place to look anything but dumpy.  There is so much to do and not enough time, energy or money.  I have to remind myself that "Rome wasn't built in a day" and just keep moving, but better still, enjoy the journey and take time to gaze out the window and appreciate the view.
The sunflowers are volunteer (I can just imagine them raising their hands saying "I'll grow, I'll grow!) from the black-oil sunflower feeder.  They seem to grow a foot a day.  Calvin was taking apart a weird fenced in area on the other side of the back door and when he propped this gate on the fence I had an idea-he hates to hear those words-and so shaking his head he moved it over to be a backdrop/trellis for the Clematis we planted there.  The banner is an old one but it is like an old friend waving to me, brightening up my day. 
I love that we have our own home to plan and putter around, to imagine the possibilities!

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness - I LOVE this space you've created. The gate is wonderful and the bunting flags are so cheerful.
    xo Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good! I'm so glad to see your posting again, I've missed your blog. Can't wait to see your face in a couple weeks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca - I love this little spot! I also imagine plants saying things to me. And I talk to them. I would say to the sunflowers - "Thank you for stepping up! You are beautiful to me!" And then I'd pat their little heads. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty Becky! I love it...It will be so special when you are done...but the thing is...you will never be done and that is the fun part too! Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little corner is just lovely. Don't lose heart! It takes a loooong time. I totally know how you feel about being overwhelmed. Don't give up! Hang on to those little corners and before you know it the whole place will be just the way you want it.

    Also -- we're kind of neighbors! I don't live in Vancouver now, but I did for about 10 years in the 90's.

    Best,

    ~Angela~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts