Finis !


Well, I finally did it. The cross-stitch I thought I'd never finish is done! It took about 3 years (I think, I should have kept better track of when I started). It feels good to accomplish such a big goal. This is the biggest Cross-stitch project that I've done. Now to get it framed! I can't decided on whether to have mattes and glass or just a nice frame.
I'm already on the look out for a new project and went to an awesome Needlework shop yesterday that gave me all sorts of new ideas-working with Linen-which I've never done because I'm chicken. It is much smaller and takes better eyesight and concentration(at least that's what I think), but the lady at the shop assured me it was easy and I could do it! So I think it will be my next project~now to find a pattern I love!
Up close look:

Comments

  1. What an intricate and beautiful pattern! You did a fanTAStic job! Doesn't that feel good to get it done? And I vote for glass over the top just because it helps them stay flat and dust free and after all that work, who wants dust?!

    I did cross-stitched stockings for my family (4) and they each took me forE.V.E.R. I did mine last. I remember my husband being impressed with them and telling me I should do them and sell them. 0_0 I told him if I charged by the hour I seriosly doubted anyone would wanna pay a thousand dollars for a stocking! lol I haven't done anything since but you can bet I trail those puppies out proudly every Christmas!

    Yours is a JAW DROPPER!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts