I Need Help!

Left side

Right side

This is the view from my "patio" doors. I use that term loosely~the patio is about 8x10, surrounded by sad little plots of earth, a wall directly in front and fences on each side. A well-placed Maple with huge leaves and our 2 story building make for a generous lack of sunshine, only a few hours in the morning and late evening. So what do I do to spruce this place up? What plants do I plant in this one little patch of dirt? Do I go with pots?
So far I have one hosta, one bleeding heart that the squirrels attacked, one vinca in a pot, and one lavendar. I put up the old white bed frame (look familiar Rachel?) and planted sweet peas to grow up there~hope that works out~they've come up, now to keep the squirrels from eating them!

This is the only view from the downstairs, and I get a little crazy looking out there seeing sadness and desolation!

Can you tell how desperate I am by just showing you these awful pictures? HELP!

Comments

  1. I'm heading to my mom's house this afternoon. I'll have her take a look at your pics and make some suggestions. I'm no help at all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, my favorite are definitely daffodils but it may be too late for those. The sweet peas will be really pretty, oohh there are those dragon ones....dragon flies? no, snap dragons :) I liked the herb garden we had in Imbler oooohh and sunflowers, those are very cheery

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts