Sew Charming

I'm going to try and explain how to make an easy quilt top out of "charm packs".

1st step: Make a 9 patch, any combination will do since they will be cut up and moved around later on~

Now take that stitched and pressed 9 patch and cut it in half,

like so...
And then take each half and cut it in half again, like so. You will have 4 of these for each 9 patch.
You can then move them around in different ways,

add sashing or a border..what ever makes your day! You can make a table runner, or baby quilt or full size quilt depending on how many charm packs you use. I had a bunch of charm packs and didn't know what to do with them, this has helped me use them up~it's quick and easy!





Comments

  1. Thanks for the tutorial. It looks so easy! Is a charm pack the same as fat quaters?

    I love the fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always wanted to do this! Thanks for stopping by my blog, I think it's the ultimate complement for someone to like it. It is so fulfilling to me & is getting my mind off of some recent heart aches. What church did your son serve a mission for, & where did he serve? Anxious to hear back from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I didn't make it clear what charm packs are. They are pre-cut squares that come 36 or 48 in a pack. I'll put a picture of one on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is AWESOME!!! Where do you buy the charm packs? Just at a quilting store? Or do you order them online?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can get charm packs at any quilting/craft store. they are pretty cheap $6-$9 usually. I just made a cute project for a friend's birthday, I'll show pictures after I give it to her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! Now I know what to do with all my scrapes. I can't wait to see your finished product.
    I am going to do this one!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts