Just Horsin' Around!

I am in the middle of a remodeling project~~a life remodel. I just decided that my life doesn't match up with how I really want to be living so I'm tearing out the old and building it new! Kind of like a kitchen, new cupboards, counter tops and flooring! And boy is it going to look good when I'm done! But before the new me is accomplished there will be pain~~oh yes, the pain. Physical and spiritual. The spiritual may be too personal to talk about here, but I can tell you about the physical~~it hurts! Every bone and joint and muscle and whatever else is in there that can hurt--does hurt--most everyday! I have given LA Fitness a new name "La Torture Chamber" I just go there to see what new place I can cause to hurt on my body! Even my armpits~~how can that be? But, enough complaining...it is a journey, Rome wasn't built in a day and fat is not removed overnight! So I will continue on!
What I really wanted to talk about today is another part of my "remodel". Horses. Yes, Horses. I have always loved animals, and felt that I have some kind of special connection to them, my Mom even commented on it in my baby book: "Rebecca has a special affinity (a natural attraction or feeling of kinship) with animals" anyway, the point is I love animals and horses are on the top of the list.
For my 16th birthday my Dad surprised me with a mare and a colt, Babe and Daisy, and there my love continued to grow.
Since we live in a townhouse in the middle of Vancouver it is a little difficult to get my horse fix, so I decided to pursue it and make my self extremely happy by putting horses back into my life. This all leads to yesterday afternoon...and the wonderful time I had with Jon. Jon is a beautiful Arabian and and we bonded as I brushed him down and cleaned his hooves and soaked in the wonderful aroma of horse~~there is no better smell in the world, not even fresh baked bread can equal the smell of horseflesh..they should bottle it! Pungent and spicy! Eau de Equine!
So I will continue to go once a week for my "date" with Jon and others in the barn until I reach the acceptable weight that I can hoist myself onto the back of one of these wonderful creatures and gallop off into the sunset! It is a great "carrot in front of my nose" to keep working at getting the weight off, all the while bringing pleasure back into my life. Giddy up!!

Comments

  1. I'll be thinking of you! Losing weight is hard, but oh so worth it. If you need an awesome walking DVD that does not require fancy steps to do while it's raining outside, try Leslie Sansone's DVDs. They are awesome. They were a great assett when I lost my 60 lbs. I'm gearing up to lose some more, too, so we'll be sore together! :)

    I love horses, but have been afraid of them since I was little. Someday, I'll have to conquer that fear and get back on one!

    -K

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea mom! Give me a call on Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts