The End of the Road


It has happened, the dream has come true! Calvin has transferred to the Materials Lab and will be traveling no longer! I'm still not sure I have taken it all in, our permanent home will now be Vancouver WA. (I have always been an Oregonian and it is hard for me to transition to being a Washingtonian)
This is what we have have hoped for for the past 12 or so years, I guess you hope for a thing for so long that you eventually forget about and doubt that it will happen, but out a nowhere-here it is! This will be so great, no more packing up and heading off to places unknown, we will stay here in the apartment until we decide where we would like to buy a home--somewhere close by here in Vancouver (I'm dreaming of living in the country and raising Alpacas-but that is for another day).
I feel a little bittersweet about the change, no more adventures and time alone on the road with Calvin; but at the same time I relish the opportunity to stay home and domesticate--organize, clean, decorate, craft my heart out. It will be nice to stay in one Ward and make friends, have callings and just get to know the area.
I have been having a hard time sleeping because my mind is whirling with all the possibilities!!
Will I need to change the title of my blog???

Comments

  1. Congrats! You're close to Draper now! Sad news, though...you moved back to our old area just as we moved away! If we head that way next summer, I'll be sure to let you know. If you come our way, please do the same! Can you e-mail me your new address?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! We love you guys so so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep the blog name, just travel to places you WANT to visit! Congrats!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts