October
















October was a busy month and we have had beautiful Fall weather to enjoy all the activities.  I've relished the fall colors and smells this year more than ever it seems.  How can it smell like Fall?  It must be people burning leaves etc-the air smells smoky and spicy.  We haven't had much rain so the leaves have been able to turn all the colors-yellow, gold, rust, brown, crimson...it's been so perfect.
We've had a few visits from the sister missionaries, they're the greatest and it's always uplifting to have them in our home.  They surprised us by bringing all the missionaries to help with yard clean-up on a saturday-it was so great to get so much done in a short time.
I've been working on a family history mystery for sometime now, I've had a picture with the name Jessie Bond on the back and some other information but I didn't know what family she belonged to, just that she was a cousin the the Miles Hiram Rice children.  It took a few years before I figured it out.  I would look for awhile and then put it away and then get it out and try again.  I finally did it this time with the help of a friend who is a genealogical geneius and found some great information for me in old newspapers and also using Ancestry.  I was able to find her parents and her husband and children.  It feels good to solve a mystery and get her in the right place with her family.  I've added her picture to my wall of family pictures.
Shirley came for a visit this month and as usual she wore me out!  She has so much energy and can recharge with a short power nap.  We had a lot of fun shopping and seeing new things.  Natalie joined in a few times and we made our annual trip to see the holiday sights-this year it was Hallowthankmas since she was here early in the season.
We only got 2 trick-or-treaters this year, not sure why the low turnout, it was dry but quite cold.  We'll have to step up our game and hand out better candy or decorate the house more next year.

Comments

Popular Posts