What's up?

 I'm always surprised at how long it's been in between posts, it seems like I'm always composing great things to share in my mind, but they don't always make it to the blog.  This was my Fall/Thanksgiving mantle, I tried a dozen different things and this was all I could agree on.  I always thought it would be great to have a mantle to decorate, now it seems daunting.  This is so boring, I'm going to try harder with Christmas~
 I had a sudden (thinking about it for 5-6 years now) urge to paint my Grandmother's buffet.  It was just wood-brown with some of the laminate coming off and I couldn't decide what color to go with, white, blue, black...well you see that white won.  I just decided one Saturday to do it and used some leftover wall paint, mixed two colors together and went for it.  I love how it turned out and it makes the whole room look better.  Please don't mind the dirty floor, I should have swept first!
 A wall hanging from the project box, I have been taking a "class" (thanks Jenny) trying to improve my quilting skills and working mainly on points, man they are hard, I don't know how my Mom did it so perfectly.  I picked a few of these seams out more than once!  I still need to write all the words and then do the embroidery.  I got this fabric years ago at a quilt shop in Bozeman Montana, I love it and I am also using it for my "Farmer's Wife" blocks-another project in the pile!
 Two quilts from my scrap stash, still need to be quilted~
 A baby blanket for Natalie's friend, made with a charm pack, so easy. Still needs to be quilted and bound.
I have been obsessed with pinwheels, even thinking about them as I went to sleep last night.  Oh, I could make a pillow and table runners and....If only I didn't have to sleep, and make dinner, or leave the house.  I am content to live in my sewing room and watch old movies and sew!

Comments

  1. Hi Rebecca! First, I love the white buffet. I think I have the same taste in furniture as you because I kinda want it for my house. Second, your quilts are BEAUTIFUL! I really wish you lived back in Montana so you could come be my class instructor in Quilting 101. I love old movies too so we could just hunker down and work all day and night (with those bothersome sleep breaks).

    Happy quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your quilts!! I am doing a pinwheel quilt now too. I wish you were closer so i could have you to consult and bump ideas off.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts