Dear Kathy

 Dear Kathy (and anyone else out there who might be interested) , Do you remember when I use to take pictures of my house and send them to you in the mail so you could see my decorating talent?!  It was almost like having you there ooohing and aahhing over every little thing.  Well this is the updated version of pictures in the mail :)  So here goes, get ready to oooh and aahh-  Above is the living room mantle with the Ikea mirror (and Rachel's purse), you'll see the mirror you gave me later and tell me which one you like better.
 Here is my Grandma's buffet, as you can tell it still needs work, I can't decided what color to paint it-ivory, black or some form of robin's egg blue.
 This is opposite the buffet, this little chest of drawers use to be country blue.  I painted it Wythe Blue and put new drawer pulls.  That is the door to the kitchen on the right.
 On the other side of the door to the kitchen, my Mom and Dad's silhouettes and family tree chart.
 Dining room, window looks out to the back patio.  We will eventually put french doors there in place of the window.
 Here is your mirror-what do you think?  Oh and there is the slate tile we found for free and are thinking of putting there on the hearth.
 Entertainment center with my camera collection.
 Front door-I want to paint it black.
 Living room with the big ugly green chair.
Front entry way.  Well that is a little tour, I will save the kitchen and hallway for later.  There are so many things we want to do still.  Overall it is a great improvement over what we started with.  It's amazing what new paint and a little decorating can do.

Comments

  1. It is beautiful!!!!! I was so excited while I waiting for the blog to open...I was just jittery! So much fun, I studied it all and loved it all!.. I love that paint color on the walls too in the living room...almost a robin egg color! I love the dark frame of the mirror I gave you up there, but I like the shape of the other one better...so there you go...you are on your own with that! I love that narrow trunk and bench in the entry as well...really neat...where did you get the trunk? I love the happiness sign too...I love stuff like that! Thanks for posting the picture! I loved having you here to look at my stuff too. You always appreciate my things! I love you.
    p.s. I said love 7 times I think...I loved it all it..8 times :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful mom! it was so hard to leave on Tuesday! we miss you and love you!! oh, I think you should paint Grandma's buffet an ivory...something classic instead of trendy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca! Your house is just lovely. I love all the colors -- everything is so calm and sweet. What a great place to come home to. I've been looking for a mirror like the one in the top photo and am thrilled to hear IKEA has one - I'd only seen one in Pottery Barn and the price was INSANE.

    Happy weekend to you!

    p.s. My TV room has the same fabric as your couch throw pillows. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always have a beautiful home. I love what you can do with any place you have lived. It feels so calm in the pictues, i bet it feels even more calm and relaxing in person.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts