I got it!

I have been absent from blogging the past few months because I just haven't felt I had anything interesting to say, and I mostly enjoy reading about other bloggers lives, they are so much more interesting than mine! But I guess I should do a catch-up post since I've had some excitement lately.
I finally landed the job I'd been longing for at the Library. After 3 tests, and 2 interviews I got it! I was even able to chose between the 2 positions I applied for. I took the full-time position at Content Management. Content management does just that-manages the content of what goes in the library-mostly books. We see the books before anyone at the library does. We are at a separate location and we receive the books and process them-start to finish-and then send them on to the library branches. I am still in training, but it is very similar to what I did at Clatskanie Library and I'm so thankful for the great training I got there (Thanks Elizabeth), except I don't have to/get to stop and wait on patrons in between the books. I do miss being with the library patrons, they are the life-blood of a library and I miss visiting with them and talking about books.
I am still adjusting to full-time work, after almost 4 years of no work it is quite a difference! Some days my arthritis makes any movement painful, so I feel like I am a slow mover and I come home and soak in a hot tub so I can try it again the next day. I miss my free-time and the time I spent sewing, talking to family and friends and just being home. I imagine I will feel better when that first paycheck shows up (I've spent it sooo many times in my head). I have to learn all over again how to manage my time and energy.
Calvin and Natie have been so helpful with household stuff and kitchen duty. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it soon!
So here's to a new beginning and a happy reading!

Comments

  1. Good luck with your new job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for you! Anybody would be lucky to have you working for them. Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts