That was then...this is now

It's always beneficial for me to look back over the previous year before moving on to the new, I'm grateful to have this blog and other journals to have pictures and words to remember where and what we did! The stand outs for 2010: Baby girl Addison Paige (Grandbaby #5) born on February 16th. I was able to be at Rachel's to help for a week or so and meet new baby Addi.
Draper leaving for Afghanistan-but better-coming home safe and being here for Christmas!
Visits with family and friends-Spending time with our kids and grandkids throughout the year. Carving pumpkins with Olson, Deacon and Megan. Waking up to baby Addi's sweet smile-every single time, Megan's funny sayings (Holy Crap that's a lot of cows!), snuggling with Olson at the movies, Shirley days, laughing with Natie as we drive down the road...

Gramps getting some help with those candles! #54!


Crazy ladies! Natie is my best buddy, we have so much fun together~



A beach trip and of course the Cheese Factory~with Janet my birth Mom.




Baby Addi





Gramps and Meg having a moment.



Beach day with Sara and Rachel, eating at Mo's!





Calvin with his sister Ranae.




Me and my BFF Kathy.





Our adopted strays, Frank (hunk-a-hunk-a-gorgeous man cat) and Charley (crazy chick cat)




New couch--WooHoo!


Beach Days~



Books I've Read:

The Help by Kathryn Stockett-Loved it
Prodigal Summer by Barbara Kingsolver-Loved it lots!
I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith-Not so crazy about it
Midtford Series by Jan Karon-Loving it again
The Midwife by Jennifer Worth-Really Good
The Virgin of Small Plains by (can't remember, I'll look it up)- Good story
The Pajama Girls of Lambert Square by Rosina Lippi- Light fluff but a fun read.
And plans for this year:
*A trip to Alaska to visit Rachel , Casey and those girls
*New House
*More fun visits with family and friends, cause that what it's all about.
Books I plan on Reading:
I'm setting a goal to read some of the Pulitzer Prize winning Novels and Non-Fiction, here is the list so far:
(1917) His Family by Ernest Poole
(1923) One of Ours by Willa Cather
(1948) Tales of the South Pacific by James A. Michener
(1950) The Way West by A.B. Guthrie
(1965) The Keepers of the House by Shirley Ann Grau
(2009) Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Stout
(1975) Pilgrim at Tinker Creek by Annie Dillard (NF)
(1993) Lincoln at Gettysburg by Garry Wills (NF)
(1998) Guns, Germs, and Steel by Jared Diamond (NF)


I also plan on blogging more....we'll see.


Comments

  1. I love your blogs. They remind me of why we found each other long ago and are still friends. The rug in front of your new couch....I have the EXACT rug. I love you Rebecca Robinson!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts