Just For Today

I will live through the next twelve hours and try not to tackle all of life's problems at once.
I will learn something useful.
I will learn something that requires effort, thought, and concentration.
I will be agreeable.
I will look my best, be courteous, and considerate.
I will not find fault with friend, relative, or colleague.
I will not try to change anyone but myself.
I will have a program. I might not follow it exactly, but I will have it. It will save me from two enemies~hurry and indecision.
I will believe in myself.
I will give my best to the world, and feel confident that the world will give its best to me.
This has been on my frig for years now, I think I found it on a bookmark. I may not follow it to the letter, but it has come in handy since I have a tendency to get overwhelmed and try to solve all of life's problems (even those that are not my own).
Now that the temp has lowered to a more reasonable place (103, 106, 107 is ridiculous) I can think more clearly and get something done other that sit in front of the fan and sweat!
"What dreadful hot weather we have! It keeps me in a continual state of inelegance."
~~Jane Austen
We came up with some great ideas to cool off during our little heat wave. We are such wimpy's around here, we're use to it cooling off at night and last week it was unbearably hot for those of us with no A/C so we:
*took LOTS of cold showers
*Swimming, lots of swimming
*get your top sheet wet and lay over you with a fan going~~oh so wonderful
*Otter Pops!!
*Spray bottle and a fan
*Lots of driving in the Subaru with A/C
*Visit people with A/C
So we survived~lived to tell about it. It will go down in the books as the summer of '09 "remember when it was so dang hot...."
What do you do to keep cool?

Comments

  1. Sounds like a lot of stuff to accomplish all in one day to me :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts